Monday, February 23, 2009

Rock Solid...this was a Winner!

SO…how did it go?? I can honestly say that based on the response from both students and staff, Chris Crutcher was fabulous! He connected with the students from the moment he walked to the school from his hotel with one of our football players. He was unassuming, truly appreciative of everything the kids did, and the students attached themselves to him like Velcro. I was worried that there would be some shyness or anxiety; in fact I was pretty much a nervous wreck prior to the event. However, from the moment I met him to the moment he left, I was captivated. He is the real deal, genuinely concerned about young adults, and a truly gifted story teller with a wicked sense of humor. This was a once in a lifetime experience for me, an opportunity to create an event that touched our entire school community: and beyond: the Post article ended up in the LA Times…So: do it….don’t hesitate…this one is a winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment